Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wedding Dress Wednesday: Johanna Johnson

Happy Wednesday, friends :)

Hope the week is going well for you all!  For me personally it's going a little slow, but that's only because I can't wait for the weekend--I'm going to New York City!!  Should be a fun little day trip!

Today's bridal beauty is backless and blue.  That's right, I said blue!  Now, any traditional bride knows you need "something blue" on your big day, but how many of them make that "something" their dress?  Not many!  In fact, most might think it's a strange choice.  But I think this one is in great taste.  This dress is by an Australia couture designer named Johanna Johnson.



This picture popped up on Style Me Pretty's Facebook page last week (photo by Jodi McDonald Photography).  SMP was "drooling" over this beautiful blue dress, and I must admit that I have been too.  Pale blue and sparkling--what's not to like??  The simple, long Kristi Bonnici veil compliments it nicely.  This definitely passes as wedding day appropriate attire in my book.  I can imagine a spring or summer bride wearing this for an understated yet elegant outdoor wedding.

Side note: Is anyone else reminded of Hilary Swank in the navy blue backless Guy Laroche number she wore to the 2005 Academy Awards?


Modest in the front, jaw-dropping in the back.  How many of you would go for something backless?  How many of you would go for a colored dress?  Either way, it's definitely a look for a bride who wants to break away from the pack while still letting their inner Old Hollywood star shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment