Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wedding Dress Wednesday: Lea-Ann Belter's "Colette"

Happy Wednesday, Friends!

It's June!  Can you believe it?  Memorial Day has come and gone, marking the unofficial start of summer.  Did anyone have or attend a wedding over the long weekend?  I went to one set on the gorgeous campus of my alma mater, Virginia Tech, located down in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  The bride was my freshman year roommate who I've known since 1st grade.  I've never seen her more happy than she was that day!  Then, just five days later, I attended another friend's at the Airlie Center in Warrenton, VA.  Both were beautiful, fun, and perfect reflections of each couple.  I wish a lifetime of happiness to all the newlyweds!

On this lovely Wednesday afternoon I present a draped silk gown that I think is perfect for this early summer time of year.  This is "Colette" by Lea-Ann Belter Bridal:
Source
"Colette is soft and dreamy. This silk georgette gown features a delicately draped bodice with an asymmetrical draped skirt that falls into a chapel train. The waist is adorned with a Swarovski crystal beaded belt. Tiny silk buttons extend the length of the back bodice.  Collette is available in white or off white."
I love this dress because it makes me think of a Grecian Goddess draped in a luxurious, billowing gown.  It may look a little on the heavy side for June weather, but since Georgette silk is semi-sheer and lightweight, it should be fairly breathable in warm temperatures.  And with a touch of Swarovski crystals on the sash, you'll really look and feel like an ethereal goddess bride with your silk dress blowing in the breeze.  So for all you Aphrodites, Athenas and Heras out there, this might be a good dress for you!

Let's hear from the summer brides: what materials did you look for in your bridal gown?  Which did you (maybe reluctantly) avoid in your search?  Tell me in the comments!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment