Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wedding Dress Wednesday: Stephanie Allin's Rosalba

Happy Wednesday, Friends!

Hope you're staying cool this week.  The heat and humidity is a bit much for me, but I'm loving the long hours of sunshine and blue skies!

Speaking of summer heat, the season of skirts is in full bloom!  The metro during my commute into DC is a sea of skirts every morning, especially on hot days like today.  You never realize just how versatile skirts and dresses were until you have your very own personal fashion show of dozens of different ones every morning.  So many lengths, cuts, materials, patterns and colors to choose from!  The working DC woman is definitely not limited to black pencil skirts, that's for sure!

In the spirit of dressing for the summer temperatures, I thought I'd showcase a short summer wedding dress.  This is a lovely tea-length dress from Stephanie Allin's Couture La Dolce Vita Collection.  Meet Rosalba:
Source
The tea-length skirt, hitting at the calf, is a classy way to keep cool while staying conservative enough for a formal affair.  Same goes for the off-the-shoulder lace that makes for an illusion neckline.  Plus, it's just all around dainty and adorable!

Stephanie Allin Couture is based in the coastal town of Mumbles, South Wales.  She is one of my favorite designers.  What I love about her dresses is the sweet and simple elegance, and, more importantly, the classic romance in every dress.  I can imagine each of her dresses on a bride in Paris.  In fact, one of my all-time favorites dress (which also happens to be Stephanie Allin's Sofia) is featured in a photo shoot under the Eiffel Tower.

So, tell me summer brides: what are your dress plans to beat the heat (or embrace it)??  I'd love to know!  Leave me a message in the comments!

If you like this dress, you might also like Justin Alexander's 8465.

No comments:

Post a Comment