Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wedding Dress Wednesday: Alexis Mabille

Hello friends!

I'm very excited about today's post because I am kicking off something brand new: Welcome to Becky J's premiere of Wedding Dress Wednesday!  This is when I will dedicate a post to showcasing one wedding dress or gown, whether it be for the bride, brides/maid of honor, mother of the bride/groom, flower girl, etc.  I might even throw in the occasional dress suggestion for guests.   Think of it as a "dress of the week" post.

Are you ready for this week's dress??  Drum roll, please!

Alexis Mabille, By Dominique MaƮtre via WWD
This dress is hot off the runway of Alexis Mabille's Couture Spring 2013 collection.  I know it's a bit offbeat, but bear with me as we take a closer look at this masterpiece.

First, I'm in love with the gray ombre layered skirt!! (If there is a fashion industry term for that, please let me know!)  It's elegant but eye-catching with just the right amount of flare (though I think this is considered a trumpet silhouette, not fit-and-flare).  Plus the front slit will show off your fabulous shoes.

Second, you can hardly ever go wrong with a sweetheart neckline.  Very feminine and flattering.  This goes one step further with the addition of flowers to give the dress some monochromatic texture.  Great detail for a spring wedding.

Finally, the belt and the bow give the dress an edgier, more industrial feel.  It's an interesting blend with the elegance of the cut, color and flowers.  It really made me stop and look, which, to me, is always an important quality to have in gowns.  Otherwise, what's the point, really?  Make 'em say "Oh. My. Gosh, Becky.  Look at her...DRESS!"

What do you all think?  What dress or gown has made you stop and gawk?  Leave some pretty dresses in the comments and maybe I can showcase it one of these Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday :)

UPDATE Sunday, February 24, 2013:
Did anybody else spot this dress on the red carpet!?  That's right, Zoe Saldana is wearing this dress tonight for the Oscars!!  In the words of Just Jared, "The 34-year-old actress looked lovely in an Alexis Mabille Couture dress, Neil Lane jewelry, Roger Vivier shoes, and a Salvatore Ferragamo clutch." I think it looks perfect on her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment