Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wedding Dress Wednesday: Sweetheart 6008

Happy Wednesday!

And happy September!  I hope there's gorgeous weather where you are.  I'm trapped in an office this week, so if you get to go outside at all, be sure to extra enjoy it for me.

This week's wedding dress is actually the dress a previous coworker of mine has ordered for her wedding next May.  I gasped when she showed me the picture of her trying it on.  It looked gorgeous on her, and I'm sure it'll be even more stunning on her wedding day.
Source

This is the Sweetheart 6008 (see more gowns by Sweetheart).  It has a classic sweetheart neckline, flattering trumpet silhouette, and buttons all the way down the back.  My old coworker's favorite element of the dress is the soft, all-over lace detailing.  She, like me, is a graphic designer and has a love for subtle detail, so we both got a bit obsessed with the white-on-white lace texture in this dress.  Oddly enough, she said she never thought she'd like a lace dress and had never tried one on before this one.  But when she tried it on she loved it immediately.  She knew it was her dress.  And the dress really does look like her--I can't imagine her in any other dress.  I think she made the perfect choice!

Just to set the scene a little better for you, she will be wearing this dress in May to marry her boyfriend of 8 years in a winery.  She will not be wearing the sash in the photos, but she will have flowers in her hair along with a gorgeous white bouquet.  I'm sure it's going to be amazing!

Have a great week, everyone--we're halfway to Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment